At home, we love all kind of pasta. One of my favourite dishes to prepare when we have guests over is this zucchini, spinach and carrot lasagna.
I have to recognize that the first time I did this lasagna I had not planned anything in advance and I just grabbed the vegetables I had in the fridge.
At the moment I had zucchini, spinach, carrots and scallions and I thought they could mix well together. And it was such a successful mix of flavours that since it became one of our classic lasagne at home.
It is a quick, easy and healthy vegetable lasagna that only requires 10 ingredients and a little more than 30 minutes to be prepared and ready to eat.
And the good thing about this lasagna is that it is very filling and satisfying when you serve it accompanied by a salad.
This is a great recipe to enjoy on your own too, no need to wait to have people over! Just prepare a smaller one for you!
If you try this simple, healthy and nutritious recipe, please let me know, leave a comment and rate it. I would love to know what you come up with. Enjoy!
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and finely minced
- 8 Scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Carrot, peeled and julienned (cut into long thin strips)
- 1 Zucchini, julienned
- 500g (2 ¼ cups) Fresh spinach, (without the stems) and cut into small pieces
- 450g (2 cups) Fresh Tomato & Basil sauce
- 150g (1½cup) Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 Organic Lasagne sheets (if they require pre-cooking, follow the instructions of the package)
- Have all the vegetables well washed and prepared as indicated in the ingredients description.
- In a stir fry pan heat 1 spoon olive oil, add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute until lightly golden. Add then the scallions and 1 teaspoon salt and stir-fry at a medium heat for 2 minutes. Incorporate the julienne carrots and zucchini and stir-fry for 5 more minutes. Add the fresh spinach and continue stirring for 2 minutes. Remove the vegetable mix from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F) and lightly grease the bottom of a baking dish with olive oil.
- Add into the baking dish a layer of lasagna sheets, a third of the vegetable mix, ¼ of the Fresh Tomato & Basil sauce and ¼ of the grated Parmesan cheese. Repeat the process twice more and finish with a layer of lasagna sheets covered only by the remaining tomato sauce and sprinkled with the rest of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 min at 175 degrees C (350 degrees F) or until golden and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and serve accompanied with fresh cherry tomatoes and chives.