This week I am very happy because my mum came from Madrid to visit us and she brought plenty of yummy Spanish delicatessens!
For us, every time we travel to Spain, France, Italy or Lebanon (our preferred Mediterranean countries) it is a common practice to bring our favourite local fine foods to enjoy at home. I know, many of you would rather buy any other nice little something from a trip, but for a foodie like myself there is nothing better than buying the best traditional foods of every place we visit!
Between my Mediterranean cuisine and the excellent fine foods we bring home from our trips, whenever our friends are over for the weekend they feel transported to the Mediterranean while enjoying these flavourful foods. It’s a great experience!
What about you? Are you a foodie too? If so, do you also like bringing home those little fine foods from a trip abroad?
I leave you thinking about it with this simple but super tasty recipe: Hummus, raw veggies & olives on toast.
If you try this healthy and delicious vegan Mediterranean diet recipe, please let me know, leave a comment and rate it. I would love to know what you come up with. Enjoy!
- 500g (2 ½ cup) Chickpeas, cooked
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ Teaspoon cumin
- 3 Tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- The juice of 2 lemons
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for the garnish
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 Red bell peppers, cored and sliced
- 225g (1cup) Fresh spinach leaves
- 2 Carrots, freshly grated
- 8 Cherry tomatoes cut in slices
- 50g (1/3 cup) pepper stuffed olives
- 8 Slices of country bread, each cut in half
- Follow the instructions as explained in my hummus recipe
- Have all the vegetables well washed and prepared as indicated in the ingredients description.
- Toast the country bread slices (in a toaster, on a grill or in the oven, as you prefer) until golden.
- Spread the hummus on the toasted bread and add a few fresh spinach leaves, slices of pepper, shredded carrots, slices of cherry tomatoes and olives.