It is blueberries season in Ireland! Yes! Another fresh and delicious fruit to prepare my morning smoothies!
Did you know that blueberries are considered a “superfood”? They are rich in antioxidants, they are fat free, high in vitamins, fiber and calcium and it seems that a diet rich in blueberries helps to lower blood cholesterol levels. Yes, for all that and much more they are considered a superfood. And of course they are absolutely delicious!
The smoothie I prepared today did not only contain the delicious Irish blueberries that I bought in the market but also banana, a great digestive and nutritious fruit that helps me to get the extra boost of energy that keeps me active during the morning.
A perfect and tasty breakfast smoothie with the right balance of all your nutritional needs to keep you full and energized all morning.
If you try this simple, healthy and nutritious smoothie recipe, please let me know, leave a comment and rate it. I would love to know what you come up with. Enjoy!
- 150g (1 ½ cup) blueberries
- ½ Banana, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 250ml (1 cup) almond milk
- Wash well the blueberries under cold water and prepare the ½ banana as indicated in the ingredients description.
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth and drink it right away.