Basil is one of my favorite fresh herbs, it is highly aromatic and super flavorful!
Preparing this savory fresh basil pesto sauce is really very simple: you only require 1 bowl, 5 ingredients and 5 minutes, that’s it!
You can add it to your pasta, sandwiches, and savory baked goods. There are plenty of healthy vegetarian choices with this pesto sauce that I will soon share with you. In the meantime here you have this easy homemade Mediterranean Basil Pesto Sauce recipe so that you can get creative!
- 25g (1 cup) fresh basil leaves plucked off stems
- 5 teaspoons pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, pealed and finely minced
- 100ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 50g (1/2 cup) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash well the fresh basil leaves and remove the stems.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and process until the mix is completely incorporated and smooth.
- If you are not going to consume it immediately, pour the pesto sauce into a jar and add a little extra virgin olive oil on the top. Seal and store in the fridge. You can keep it in the fridge for up to one week.