Dairy products, mainly cheese and yogurt, are consumed in moderation in the Mediterranean diet. They are highly nutritious foods and when consumed in moderation they are an essential part of a healthy eating plan. Particular positive health effects come mainly from the fermented dairy products (yogurts and cheese).
Unless you are vegan or have a dairy intolerance, it is good to incorporate natural cheese and yogurt to your diet.
These popsicles have no added sugar. Their sweetness comes from the fresh fruits. The yogurt together with the banana makes them very creamy and an ideal treat for all the family during hot summer days!
If you try this tasty and nutritious Mediterranean diet recipe of “Blackberry, banana & yogurt popsicles” please let me know, leave a comment and rate it. I would love to know what you come up with. Enjoy and happy healthy cooking!
- 125g (1 cup) Blackberries
- 1 Ripe banana, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 125g (6 Tablespoons) Organic natural yogurt or your favourite natural plant based alternative
- 100ml (1/2 Cup) Water
- Wash well the blackberries under cold water.
- Blend the blackberries, the peeled banana, the yogurt and water until smooth.
- Put into popsicles moulds with sticks and freeze for 4 hours.
If you are vegan or have lactose intolerance you could replace the natural yogurt by your favourite plant-based natural yogurt.