My husband loves potatoes. We are lucky, the Irish potatoes are absolutely delicious and hearty. And the variety of potatoes available is wide. Some of them are seasonal, but you can find great Irish potatoes available all year round.
Many people falsely believe that potatoes make you fat, but actually potatoes are virtually fat free and they are a good source of fibre, protein, potassium and vitamin C.
There are plenty of delicious and healthy dishes that you can prepare using potatoes and here I share with you a quick and easy potato salad recipe, colourful and flavourful.
An ideal salad for summer weeknights meals, when you do not have too much time to spend in the kitchen, as you only need 15 minutes and less than 10 ingredients to prepare this healthy Mediterranean dish.
If you try this simple, healthy and nutritious potato salad recipe, please let me know, leave a comment and rate it. I would love to know what you come up with!
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Large potatoes, peeled and cut into small evenly sized pieces
- 225g (1 ½ cup) Cherry tomatoes, cut each in 4 pieces
- 1 Green bell pepper, cored & diced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, cored & diced
- 15g (1bunch = ½ cup) chives, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) stoneless Manzanilla green olives
- Have all the vegetables well washed and prepared as indicated in the ingredients description.
- To boil the potatoes, place them in a saucepan with cold water and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until tender, but not overcooked. Drain the excess of water.
- In a large bowl add the boiled potatoes, the diced peppers, the cherry tomatoes cut in pieces, the chopped chives, the green olives, the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt to taste. Mix it all well and serve warm or cold.